Spitalfields Housing Association shortlisted for community award
Spitalfields Housing Association has been shortlisted for a national community award recognising its work tackling health and poverty issues.
A panel of tenants have put the Association’s Women’s Forum, through which social housing tenants carry out community work, through to the next round.
The regional winner of the Community Impact Awards, organised by the National Housing Federation, will be announced on October 11 at a special ceremony.
The national winner is set to be revealed in early 2013.
Chief Executive Omar Mapara said: “We’re delighted to have been selected for the next stage of the Community Impact Awards. It’s even more special to be chosen by a panel of residents living in social housing – they know first-hand the difference housing associations can make.”
For more information on the awards, visit www.housing.org.uk/awards
- 1 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 2 Delayed Canary Wharf 'portacabin' hotel hopes to open in 2022
- 3 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 4 Free vegan food at Spitalfields Market
- 5 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 6 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
- 7 Strike action will hit Central and Victoria line Night Tube services this weekend
- 8 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 9 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 10 East London man charged with six terrorism offences