Spitalfields Housing Association shortlisted for community award
Spitalfields Housing Association has been shortlisted for a national community award recognising its work tackling health and poverty issues.
A panel of tenants have put the Association’s Women’s Forum, through which social housing tenants carry out community work, through to the next round.
The regional winner of the Community Impact Awards, organised by the National Housing Federation, will be announced on October 11 at a special ceremony.
The national winner is set to be revealed in early 2013.
Chief Executive Omar Mapara said: “We’re delighted to have been selected for the next stage of the Community Impact Awards. It’s even more special to be chosen by a panel of residents living in social housing – they know first-hand the difference housing associations can make.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information on the awards, visit www.housing.org.uk/awards
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 9 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 10 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe