Spitalfields traders make way for Origin craft fair
STALLS have already started to move out of Spitalfields Market to make way for a week-long arts and crafts fair.
Traders will be relegated to Lamb Street for the duration and shoppers wanting peruse craft stalls inside a cordoned off part of the market building will have to pay a fee.
Market bosses have set up an advanced Lamb Street market, which is running for three weeks, to get the venue ready for the Origin craft fair which starts on Thursday, September 23.
The Thursday Antiques market will be held in Lamb Street on September 23, 30 and October 7.
A general market will operate at the Lamb Street site on Friday, September 24, October 1 and Wednesday, October 6.
Origin: The London Craft Fair takes place in Spitalfields Market from September 23-29. Tickets cost from * from www.originuk.org
- 1 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 2 Planned travel disruptions in east and central north London this week
- 3 Nine rescue pets looking for homes this Christmas in east London
- 4 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 5 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 6 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 7 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 8 Covid-19: How the situation in Tower Hamlets compares to this time last year
- 9 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
- 10 County lines drug dealer jailed