Spitalfields traders make way for Origin craft fair
STALLS have already started to move out of Spitalfields Market to make way for a week-long arts and crafts fair.
Traders will be relegated to Lamb Street for the duration and shoppers wanting peruse craft stalls inside a cordoned off part of the market building will have to pay a fee.
Market bosses have set up an advanced Lamb Street market, which is running for three weeks, to get the venue ready for the Origin craft fair which starts on Thursday, September 23.
The Thursday Antiques market will be held in Lamb Street on September 23, 30 and October 7.
A general market will operate at the Lamb Street site on Friday, September 24, October 1 and Wednesday, October 6.
You may also want to watch:
Origin: The London Craft Fair takes place in Spitalfields Market from September 23-29. Tickets cost from * from www.originuk.org
- 1 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 2 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 3 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 4 Trains being tested on Crossrail's Elizabeth line up to four an hour
- 5 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 6 Pedestrian struck by motorcycle in critical condition following Stepney collision
- 7 'Stop building more towers,' MP at protest after New Providence Wharf fire
- 8 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
- 9 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 10 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job