Spitalfields traders make way for Origin craft fair
STALLS have already started to move out of Spitalfields Market to make way for a week-long arts and crafts fair.
Traders will be relegated to Lamb Street for the duration and shoppers wanting peruse craft stalls inside a cordoned off part of the market building will have to pay a fee.
Market bosses have set up an advanced Lamb Street market, which is running for three weeks, to get the venue ready for the Origin craft fair which starts on Thursday, September 23.
The Thursday Antiques market will be held in Lamb Street on September 23, 30 and October 7.
A general market will operate at the Lamb Street site on Friday, September 24, October 1 and Wednesday, October 6.
You may also want to watch:
Origin: The London Craft Fair takes place in Spitalfields Market from September 23-29. Tickets cost from * from www.originuk.org
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 9 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom