Spitalfields traders make way for Origin craft fair
STALLS have already started to move out of Spitalfields Market to make way for a week-long arts and crafts fair.
Traders will be relegated to Lamb Street for the duration and shoppers wanting peruse craft stalls inside a cordoned off part of the market building will have to pay a fee.
Market bosses have set up an advanced Lamb Street market, which is running for three weeks, to get the venue ready for the Origin craft fair which starts on Thursday, September 23.
The Thursday Antiques market will be held in Lamb Street on September 23, 30 and October 7.
A general market will operate at the Lamb Street site on Friday, September 24, October 1 and Wednesday, October 6.
You may also want to watch:
Origin: The London Craft Fair takes place in Spitalfields Market from September 23-29. Tickets cost from * from www.originuk.org
- 1 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 4 Green light for £1m in levies to be used for East End fire rescue ladder
- 5 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
- 6 'Laughing gas central': Call for action on antisocial behaviour
- 7 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 8 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 9 Bethnal Green rubbish 'attracts rats' as 'pingdemic' delays collections
- 10 No arrests after triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs