Sponsors needed for London’s Olympic Park in Stratford
An official call for sponsors for the most iconic Olympic venues has been launched today.
The Olympic Park Legacy Company, which oversees the 2012 site, is looking to appoint sponsors for the Olympic Stadium, the Aquatics Centre and the Multi-Use Arena.
The company’s chief executive Andrew Altman, of the Olympic Park Legacy Company, said:
“This is a rare opportunity to become part of one of the most exciting new places in the world. Billions of people will see these venues during the Games, and millions more will visit every year.
“We are looking for sponsors who share our vision to create an inclusive park that promotes healthy living and offers sporting, training and employment opportunities to our local communities.”
You may also want to watch:
The Stadium will also host the 2017 World Athletics Championships, while the Aquatics Centre and the Multi-Use Arena are expected to have over a million visitors a year when they re-open after the Games.
The 2012 park which will be renamed the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park is expected to get from Around 9.3m visitors a year from 2016.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 6 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 7 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 8 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 9 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
Sponsors have until March 2 to register their interest before being invited to submit a proposal. The Legacy Company aims to appoint sponsors in May this year.