Sponsors needed for London’s Olympic Park in Stratford
An official call for sponsors for the most iconic Olympic venues has been launched today.
The Olympic Park Legacy Company, which oversees the 2012 site, is looking to appoint sponsors for the Olympic Stadium, the Aquatics Centre and the Multi-Use Arena.
The company’s chief executive Andrew Altman, of the Olympic Park Legacy Company, said:
“This is a rare opportunity to become part of one of the most exciting new places in the world. Billions of people will see these venues during the Games, and millions more will visit every year.
“We are looking for sponsors who share our vision to create an inclusive park that promotes healthy living and offers sporting, training and employment opportunities to our local communities.”
You may also want to watch:
The Stadium will also host the 2017 World Athletics Championships, while the Aquatics Centre and the Multi-Use Arena are expected to have over a million visitors a year when they re-open after the Games.
The 2012 park which will be renamed the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park is expected to get from Around 9.3m visitors a year from 2016.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 3 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 6 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 8 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 9 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 10 Families start moving out of unsafe tower block in Bow
Sponsors have until March 2 to register their interest before being invited to submit a proposal. The Legacy Company aims to appoint sponsors in May this year.