Sponsors needed for London’s Olympic Park in Stratford
An official call for sponsors for the most iconic Olympic venues has been launched today.
The Olympic Park Legacy Company, which oversees the 2012 site, is looking to appoint sponsors for the Olympic Stadium, the Aquatics Centre and the Multi-Use Arena.
The company’s chief executive Andrew Altman, of the Olympic Park Legacy Company, said:
“This is a rare opportunity to become part of one of the most exciting new places in the world. Billions of people will see these venues during the Games, and millions more will visit every year.
“We are looking for sponsors who share our vision to create an inclusive park that promotes healthy living and offers sporting, training and employment opportunities to our local communities.”
The Stadium will also host the 2017 World Athletics Championships, while the Aquatics Centre and the Multi-Use Arena are expected to have over a million visitors a year when they re-open after the Games.
The 2012 park which will be renamed the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park is expected to get from Around 9.3m visitors a year from 2016.
- 1 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 2 'Ruthless' killer sentenced for Isle of Dogs murder
- 3 Man 'seriously injured' after e-scooter fall
- 4 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 5 Canary Wharf Underground station stabbing leaves man in hospital
- 6 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 7 Hard-working Leyton Orient 'nowhere near best' in Mansfield win says Wellens
- 8 Teenager, 17, arrested after car crashes into Bow apartment building
- 9 Investigation under way after fire and explosion at Shoreditch block
- 10 Man reportedly 'chased by moped rider with large knife' in Poplar
Sponsors have until March 2 to register their interest before being invited to submit a proposal. The Legacy Company aims to appoint sponsors in May this year.