Sponsors needed for London’s Olympic Park in Stratford
An official call for sponsors for the most iconic Olympic venues has been launched today.
The Olympic Park Legacy Company, which oversees the 2012 site, is looking to appoint sponsors for the Olympic Stadium, the Aquatics Centre and the Multi-Use Arena.
The company’s chief executive Andrew Altman, of the Olympic Park Legacy Company, said:
“This is a rare opportunity to become part of one of the most exciting new places in the world. Billions of people will see these venues during the Games, and millions more will visit every year.
“We are looking for sponsors who share our vision to create an inclusive park that promotes healthy living and offers sporting, training and employment opportunities to our local communities.”
You may also want to watch:
The Stadium will also host the 2017 World Athletics Championships, while the Aquatics Centre and the Multi-Use Arena are expected to have over a million visitors a year when they re-open after the Games.
The 2012 park which will be renamed the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park is expected to get from Around 9.3m visitors a year from 2016.
- 1 Jailed: Bethnal Green man who tried to buy hand grenade to use on police
- 2 Police bid to trace man in connection with Tube station sex assault
- 3 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 4 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 5 Leyton Orient agree new deal with defender Dan Happe
- 6 Travel: Roadworks at Shoreditch and Bishopsgate could slow traffic
- 7 Former Leyton Orient striker Lee Angol joins Bradford City
- 8 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 9 Fear of crime stalked households during Covid lockdown
- 10 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
Sponsors have until March 2 to register their interest before being invited to submit a proposal. The Legacy Company aims to appoint sponsors in May this year.