Spooks’ Laila Rouass to open hospice bazaar where friend was cared for
Actress Laila Rouass returns to the East End today (Sat) to open a Christmas bazaar at a hospice that once cared for her childhood friend.
The Stepney-born star of Spooks, Strictly Come Dancing and Footballers’ Wives is “giving something back” to St Joseph’s Hospice in South Hackney.
“St Joseph’s is close to my heart,” she explained. “A childhood friend spent her last few days there.
“The care and support they gave her and her family was amazing—I’m pleased to give something back to one of the most deserving organisations in east London—it’s a fantastic charity.”
The bazaar has stalls selling clothing, bags, shoes, books, jewellery, children’s toys and bric-a-brac, as well as featuring music, entertainment, a tombola and of course Santa’s Grotto.
You may also want to watch:
Laila opens the bazaar in Mare Street at 12 noon, entry 50p.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week