Clocktower flats on St Clement’s Hospital site in Bow go on sale
- Credit: Linden Homes
Homes in an old clocktower in Bow have gone up for sale.
The St Clements’ Clocktower in Mile End Road is on the site of the old St Clement’s Hospital, a former mental health hospital.
Last week, flats in the Grade II listed tower went on the market, with one and two-bed homes starting from £435,000.
The tower is part of the St Clements development, which is home to London’s first community land trust scheme. The scheme is a model of affordable housing which sets house prices based on average incomes in the area, rather than market rates.
To secure a home in the trust, residents have to meet a number of criteria, including connection to the community, ability to get a mortgage, and length of time in the area.
You may also want to watch:
The 38 clocktower flats, which aren’t part of the community land trust scheme, but are on private sale, have been developed by Linden Homes.
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 3 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 8 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff