St John on Bethnal Green to host BFI horror evening
- Credit: Archant
Horror fans can take part in a spooky night of films at the Church of St John on Bethnal Green.
Organised by the British Film Institute, the Haunted Childhood event will include three back-to-back ghost movies, plus music and ghostly happenings.
It will feature the UK premiere of a Mexican short film by Guillermo Arriaga, Broken Night, as well as popular horror films The Others and The Orphanage.
Music will be provided by organist Michael Wetheburn and guest DJs from Sounds and Colours.
It is being held as part of the BFI’s Gothic series, and will take place in the Cambridge Heath Road church on Saturday, March 1 between 6.30 and 11pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets cost £12 in advance from hauntedchildhood.com, or £15 on the door.
There will be a licensed bar and attendees are asked to bring a valid ID.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 9 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 10 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe