St John on Bethnal Green to host BFI horror evening
- Credit: Archant
Horror fans can take part in a spooky night of films at the Church of St John on Bethnal Green.
Organised by the British Film Institute, the Haunted Childhood event will include three back-to-back ghost movies, plus music and ghostly happenings.
It will feature the UK premiere of a Mexican short film by Guillermo Arriaga, Broken Night, as well as popular horror films The Others and The Orphanage.
Music will be provided by organist Michael Wetheburn and guest DJs from Sounds and Colours.
It is being held as part of the BFI’s Gothic series, and will take place in the Cambridge Heath Road church on Saturday, March 1 between 6.30 and 11pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets cost £12 in advance from hauntedchildhood.com, or £15 on the door.
There will be a licensed bar and attendees are asked to bring a valid ID.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 3 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 4 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 5 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 6 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 7 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 8 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 9 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 10 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries