St Katharine’s secures leasing deal for London’s first CAU restaurant
- Credit: St Katharine's
Dock owners at St Katharine’s have secured a leasing deal for London’s first CAU Argentine-inspired restaurant, set to open in the spring.
Blackstone’s which runs St Katharine Docks complex of offices, shops bars and restaurants by the Tower of London, has signed up the restaurant group to take occupation of a 5,600sq ft unit on the ground floor of the revamped Commodity Quay.
“The CAU brand represents a perfect fit for St Katharine’s,” Blackstone’s leasing director Ed Hodgson said. “It will be an addition to the existing range of restaurants at the docks.”
The restaurant aims to open in March in the newly-refurbished 138,000sq ft office building.
CAU is inspired by the Latin American culture of Buenos Aires, with a menu including steaks, burgers and sharing platters.
You may also want to watch:
The restaurant group’s marketing director Charley Springall said: “St Katharine’s is already a buzzing environment, so it’s a good space for us to locate in March.”
The group operates 10 outlets in the UK and one in Amsterdam, the latest two recently opened in Wimbledon and Henley-on-Thames.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 8 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
The seven-storey Commodity Quay is a newly-completed refurbishment designed by Buckley Gray architects, with almost 100,000sq ft already pre-let to Clarkson’s shipping and Six Degrees communications, while another 27,500sq ft of space still available to let.