St Paul’s Way resident lands job placement thanks to training scheme
- Credit: Archant
A resident is spoiled for choice after landing a full-time job and an apprenticeship offer thanks to a training scheme.
Marjana Uddin, of St Paul’s Way, near Mile End, was put forward for an interview with Barclays audio-visual supplier Electrosonic, as well as electrical firm Birchall Ltd for a business apprenticeship.
The offers came after she completed a Training into Work scheme by the East London Business Alliance (ELBA).
Marjana began her job search at Tower Hamlets social enterprise Streets of Growth, where she was introduced to ELBA and secured a place on its scheme via the St. Paul’s Way and Journeys to Success projects.
The scheme began with a week of skills training to improve her employability, followed by a two-week work placement and a guaranteed job interview for an ELBA member company or one of its suppliers.
Marjana so impressed the team that she was offered a full-time position, but decided to accept the business apprenticeship at Birchall Ltd.
She said: “The ELBA scheme was invaluable in boosting my confidence, especially in presenting to a group of people.”
- 1 Canary Wharf Underground station stabbing leaves man in hospital
- 2 Investigation under way after fire and explosion at Shoreditch block
- 3 'Ruthless' killer sentenced for Isle of Dogs murder
- 4 Teenager, 17, arrested after car crashes into Bow apartment building
- 5 Ongoing gas leak after fire and explosion in Shoreditch
- 6 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 7 Man reportedly 'chased by moped rider with large knife' in Poplar
- 8 Man convicted of stabbing Mohamed Ensser to death on Isle of Dogs
- 9 'Large' cannabis factory discovered in former police station
- 10 E-scooter rider named and man arrested over fatal Canary Wharf crash
For more information visit elba-1.org.uk.