St Paul’s Way resident lands job placement thanks to training scheme
- Credit: Archant
A resident is spoiled for choice after landing a full-time job and an apprenticeship offer thanks to a training scheme.
Marjana Uddin, of St Paul’s Way, near Mile End, was put forward for an interview with Barclays audio-visual supplier Electrosonic, as well as electrical firm Birchall Ltd for a business apprenticeship.
The offers came after she completed a Training into Work scheme by the East London Business Alliance (ELBA).
Marjana began her job search at Tower Hamlets social enterprise Streets of Growth, where she was introduced to ELBA and secured a place on its scheme via the St. Paul’s Way and Journeys to Success projects.
The scheme began with a week of skills training to improve her employability, followed by a two-week work placement and a guaranteed job interview for an ELBA member company or one of its suppliers.
You may also want to watch:
Marjana so impressed the team that she was offered a full-time position, but decided to accept the business apprenticeship at Birchall Ltd.
She said: “The ELBA scheme was invaluable in boosting my confidence, especially in presenting to a group of people.”
- 1 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 2 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 3 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 4 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 5 Study asks: why are canals and rivers a watery lifeline during pandemic?
- 6 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 7 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 8 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 9 Report reveals scale of support offered by council during Covid crisis
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
For more information visit elba-1.org.uk.