Staff in beauty salons facing daily chemical danger
HAIR and beauty salons are being inspected over fear about health risks caused by daily use of chemicals. The visits from Town Hall health inspectors in London’s East End take place throughout July and August
HAIR and beauty salons are being inspected over fear about health risks caused by daily use of chemicals.
The visits from Town Hall environment and health inspectors in London’s East End take place throughout July and August.
Workers in salons and nail bars are at risk of developing skin disorders and respiratory problems if effective exposure control methods are not in place, Tower Hamlets health officials warn.
As many as seven-out-of-10 hairdressers are likely to suffer some form of skin damage due to dermatitis, they point out.
“It is caused by prolonged exposure to water and chemicals in the products they use,” said a council statement. “Dermatitis can be unsightly, painful and unpleasant.”
Council officials will be talking to salons about how they can protect their staff.
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 3 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 4 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 5 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 6 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 7 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
- 8 Leyton Orient could send goalkeeper Sargeant back out on loan
- 9 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 10 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi