Staff in beauty salons facing daily chemical danger
HAIR and beauty salons are being inspected over fear about health risks caused by daily use of chemicals. The visits from Town Hall health inspectors in London’s East End take place throughout July and August
HAIR and beauty salons are being inspected over fear about health risks caused by daily use of chemicals.
The visits from Town Hall environment and health inspectors in London’s East End take place throughout July and August.
Workers in salons and nail bars are at risk of developing skin disorders and respiratory problems if effective exposure control methods are not in place, Tower Hamlets health officials warn.
As many as seven-out-of-10 hairdressers are likely to suffer some form of skin damage due to dermatitis, they point out.
You may also want to watch:
“It is caused by prolonged exposure to water and chemicals in the products they use,” said a council statement. “Dermatitis can be unsightly, painful and unpleasant.”
Council officials will be talking to salons about how they can protect their staff.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 9 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 10 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe