Star Wars ‘Finn’ makes tumour boy Daniel’s wish come true at the Royal London
- Credit: Barts NHS Trust
Movie hero John Boyega granted a very special wish to five-year-old Daniel Bell, who is currently living with a brain tumour, to meet ‘Finn’ from the blockbuster Star Wars—The Force Awakens.
Daniel, who is being treated at the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel, has had his wish granted by the Rays of Sunshine children’s charity.
But Daniel is a selfless boy who chose to share his wish to brighten the lives of other seriously-ill children when he asked to deliver toys with ‘Finn’ to the ward.
“It was fantastic to be a part of his very special wish,” John said.
“I jumped at the chance to make Daniel’s wish come true when I heard he wanted to meet me as my screen character Finn.
You may also want to watch:
“He is an amazing and inspirational boy. It was great to meet the children at the Royal London and be a part of something so positive.”
The BAFTA award-winning actor couldn’t wait to make Daniel’s dream become real.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 10 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
John arrived to meet Daniel as his Star Wars character ‘Finn’ for some one-to-one time before heading to the hospital.
John taught Daniel and his sister Layla some special light-saber moves and tricks.
Daniel’s mum Rosalind said: “He loves Star Wars and especially his hero Finn who he thinks is ‘super cool’.
“It’s priceless to see Daniel smile without a care in the world after everything he’s been through, knowing how much time and effort has gone into his wish and John Boyega giving his time to make it come true.
“It’s changed Daniel’s world. These things can’t be bought and really do mean the world.
“Daniel is on cloud nine—or, should we say, somewhere past Planet Jakku!”
Many of the children at the Royal London have serious or life-threatening illnesses, spending long periods in the wards.
Special visitors like John Boyega lift their mood and give them happy experiences during a difficult time.
Royal London’s Tara Shea said: “Daniel knows what it’s like to be in hospital—so it was lovely for him to want to use his wish to give something back and help other young patients.”
The Rays of Sunshine charity brightens up the lives of seriously-ill children aged three to 18 by granting wishes, granting hospital ward wishes and organising outings and large-scale events.