Stars come out at night—to sleep rough in the East End
CELEBRITIES gave up their warm beds last night to sleep rough’ in London’s East End, supporting support the homeless persons’ charity Centrepoint
CELEBRITIES gave up their warm beds last night to 'sleep rough' in London's East End.
They included Niamh Cusack from ITV's police drama Heartbeat (pictured far left) with fellow celebs Daniel S Mith from Secret Millionaire, actor Joe McFadden also from Heatbeat, TV's Loose Women presenter Lisa Maxwell and radio DJ Sara Cox.
They turned up at Spitalfields Old Market supporting the homeless persons' charity Centrepoint.
They bedded down at 10pm curled up in their sleeping bags on the cold floor of the old market hall at Spitalfields, a deprived inner city district which has attracted the homeless and destitute for decades.
You may also want to watch:
The 'sleep out' was aimed at raising national awareness to people sleeping rough on the streets in the run-up to Christmas, an estimated 75,000 young people experiencing homelessness every year.
- 1 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 2 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 3 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 4 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 7 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 8 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 9 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
- 10 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job