Stars come out at night—to sleep rough in the East End
CELEBRITIES gave up their warm beds last night to sleep rough’ in London’s East End, supporting support the homeless persons’ charity Centrepoint
CELEBRITIES gave up their warm beds last night to 'sleep rough' in London's East End.
They included Niamh Cusack from ITV's police drama Heartbeat (pictured far left) with fellow celebs Daniel S Mith from Secret Millionaire, actor Joe McFadden also from Heatbeat, TV's Loose Women presenter Lisa Maxwell and radio DJ Sara Cox.
They turned up at Spitalfields Old Market supporting the homeless persons' charity Centrepoint.
They bedded down at 10pm curled up in their sleeping bags on the cold floor of the old market hall at Spitalfields, a deprived inner city district which has attracted the homeless and destitute for decades.
You may also want to watch:
The 'sleep out' was aimed at raising national awareness to people sleeping rough on the streets in the run-up to Christmas, an estimated 75,000 young people experiencing homelessness every year.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 Police called as furious families told to quit Bow's 'dangerous' block
- 8 Man, 19, charged after alleged sexual assaults in Tower Hamlets
- 9 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 10 Volunteers patrol streets after Isle of Dogs fatal stabbing