Stars come out at night—to sleep rough in the East End
CELEBRITIES gave up their warm beds last night to sleep rough’ in London’s East End, supporting support the homeless persons’ charity Centrepoint
CELEBRITIES gave up their warm beds last night to 'sleep rough' in London's East End.
They included Niamh Cusack from ITV's police drama Heartbeat (pictured far left) with fellow celebs Daniel S Mith from Secret Millionaire, actor Joe McFadden also from Heatbeat, TV's Loose Women presenter Lisa Maxwell and radio DJ Sara Cox.
They turned up at Spitalfields Old Market supporting the homeless persons' charity Centrepoint.
They bedded down at 10pm curled up in their sleeping bags on the cold floor of the old market hall at Spitalfields, a deprived inner city district which has attracted the homeless and destitute for decades.
You may also want to watch:
The 'sleep out' was aimed at raising national awareness to people sleeping rough on the streets in the run-up to Christmas, an estimated 75,000 young people experiencing homelessness every year.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 4 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 5 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 6 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 7 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 8 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 9 'Set deadline to remove cladding,' Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 10 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs