Send messages of support to new mums at Stepney City Farm
- Credit: Pickled Pepper Books/Amy Mace
Stepney City Farm is supporting an initiative aimed at supporting new mums who may be struggling or feeling isolated.
The farm, in Stepney Way, is among seven venues across the capital hosting a special postbox in the run-up to Mother's Day.
Visitors to the farm are able to send words of support to expectant and new mothers, with these letters then distributed on Sunday, March 22.
The initiative has been set up by Red Letter Days, with marketing director Alison Vickery saying: "We're encouraging mums who have experienced the pressures, highs and lows of motherhood to write a heartwarming message to another mother who is just starting out on their parenting journey.
"Your act of solidarity could make a huge difference to your fellow mum and will remind them that they're doing a fantastic job and are far from alone."
You may also want to watch:
To get involved, write a letter or card and post it in an unsealed envelope in the farm's special postbox before Sunday, March 22.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
- 8 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom