Pedestrian struck by motorcycle in critical condition following Stepney collision
- Credit: Met Police
A pedestrian who was struck by a motorcycle in a collision in Stepney is in hospital in critical condition.
The incident took place on Wednesday, May 12 at Mile End Road and the junction with Stayners Road around 7.30pm.
The pedestrian, a 52-year-old man, had suffered serious injuries and was attended to by police and London Ambulance Service.
He was taken to an east London hospital where he remains in critical condition and his family have been informed.
The rider of the motorcycle stopped at the scene and enquiries continue to establish the full circumstances surrounding the collision.
You may also want to watch:
There have been no arrests.
Detectives from the Met's Serious Collision Investigation Unit are appealing for witnesses to come forward.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 Man found stabbed on board night bus
- 3 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 4 Trees planted to remember people who died of Covid in the East End
- 5 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 6 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 7 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 8 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 9 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 10 O's will need a much improved display against leaders Forest Green
Anyone with information or who may have captured the collision on dash cam or other media devices is asked to contact the SCIU Witness Line on 020 8597 4874, quoting Cad 6863/12May.