Stepney DJ found dead in his apartment abroad
A SUCCESSFUL East End DJ who has worked with Dizzee Rascal was found dead in the bedroom of his Tenerife apartment on his 32nd birthday, his has said.
Gifford Noel, who used the stage names TNT and DJ Trend and was from Stepney, was found on Friday night by friends in his apartment on the island where he had worked for several months.
Mum Deborah, who had been trying to phone her son to wish him a happy birthday, only found out something was wrong when friends asked the family to contact them through Facebook.
After hearing the news that her son had been found dead at his apartment in Playa de las Americas, Ms Noel and her daughter Krystle, 23, flew to Tenerife on Saturday morning.
Gifford, who was working as a DJ at the Oasis night club in Veronicas is thought to have suffered heart failure and it is believed his death is not being treated as suspicious.
You may also want to watch:
On Sunday night fellow East Ender and friend Dizzee Rascal wore an ‘RIP DJ Trend’ t-shirt while judging the final of the Sky television talent show Must Be The Music.
A Foreign Office spokeswoman said: “We can confirm the death of a British national in Tenerife on September 17. We are in contact with his next of kin and are providing consular assistance.”
- 1 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 2 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 3 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 4 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 5 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 6 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 8 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 9 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 10 'Set deadline to remove cladding,' Tower Hamlets mayor urges