Stepney DJ found dead in his apartment abroad
A SUCCESSFUL East End DJ who has worked with Dizzee Rascal was found dead in the bedroom of his Tenerife apartment on his 32nd birthday, his has said.
Gifford Noel, who used the stage names TNT and DJ Trend and was from Stepney, was found on Friday night by friends in his apartment on the island where he had worked for several months.
Mum Deborah, who had been trying to phone her son to wish him a happy birthday, only found out something was wrong when friends asked the family to contact them through Facebook.
After hearing the news that her son had been found dead at his apartment in Playa de las Americas, Ms Noel and her daughter Krystle, 23, flew to Tenerife on Saturday morning.
Gifford, who was working as a DJ at the Oasis night club in Veronicas is thought to have suffered heart failure and it is believed his death is not being treated as suspicious.
You may also want to watch:
On Sunday night fellow East Ender and friend Dizzee Rascal wore an ‘RIP DJ Trend’ t-shirt while judging the final of the Sky television talent show Must Be The Music.
A Foreign Office spokeswoman said: “We can confirm the death of a British national in Tenerife on September 17. We are in contact with his next of kin and are providing consular assistance.”
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 9 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided