Stepney fashionistas show off their designs in catwalk show
WHEN it comes to combining creativity with business acumen, students from Sir John Cass s Foundation and Red Coat School have proven they ve got what it takes. Around 100 of the school s Year 10 pupils took part in a one-day workshop to come up with the d
WHEN it comes to combining creativity with business acumen, students from Sir John Cass's Foundation and Red Coat School have proven they've got what it takes.
Around 100 of the school's Year 10 pupils took part in a one-day workshop to come up with the design for a charity T-shirt complete with a budget and a plan to market and sell it.
Adding their experience to the mix were volunteers from Barclays and textile design students from the University of East London.
The project formed part of the Passport to Employability programme, which gives young people in the borough the chance to earn units that contribute towards a qualification.
You may also want to watch:
Working to a strict timetable, the pupils form the Stepney Way school, had to finalise their T-shirt design, budget forecasts and marketing plan before presenting them to a panel of judges.
One member from each of the 10 teams modelled the T-shirt in true catwalk style.
- 1 Leyton Orient linked with Omar Beckles, Connor Wood and Paul Smyth
- 2 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 3 Drivers fight Tower Hamlets for years over 'clamping on private land'
- 4 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 5 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 6 'Earn while you learn' new degree course for students from any background
- 7 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 8 Driver threatened at gunpoint in Bromley-by-Bow carjacking
- 9 Crossharbour scheme for 2,000 new homes on Isle of Dogs is halted
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
Louise Cleaver showed off her team's design and the group's all round, professional package was voted the winner.