Stepney fashionistas show off their designs in catwalk show
WHEN it comes to combining creativity with business acumen, students from Sir John Cass s Foundation and Red Coat School have proven they ve got what it takes. Around 100 of the school s Year 10 pupils took part in a one-day workshop to come up with the d
WHEN it comes to combining creativity with business acumen, students from Sir John Cass's Foundation and Red Coat School have proven they've got what it takes.
Around 100 of the school's Year 10 pupils took part in a one-day workshop to come up with the design for a charity T-shirt complete with a budget and a plan to market and sell it.
Adding their experience to the mix were volunteers from Barclays and textile design students from the University of East London.
The project formed part of the Passport to Employability programme, which gives young people in the borough the chance to earn units that contribute towards a qualification.
You may also want to watch:
Working to a strict timetable, the pupils form the Stepney Way school, had to finalise their T-shirt design, budget forecasts and marketing plan before presenting them to a panel of judges.
One member from each of the 10 teams modelled the T-shirt in true catwalk style.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 5 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 6 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 7 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 10 'Save our planet' plea from children to Cop26 world leaders
Louise Cleaver showed off her team's design and the group's all round, professional package was voted the winner.