Stepney schoolkids get taste of Portuguese Piri Piri chicken
KIDS from 50 schools in London’s East End have been tucking into a special Portuguese lunch. The youngsters at one of the schools, Stepney’s Marion Richardson Primary, were served from a menu of Piri Piri Chicken, Portuguese Omelette, baked fish and spicy rice
KIDS from 50 schools in London's East End have been tucking in to a special Portuguese lunch.
The youngsters at one of the schools, Stepney's Marion Richardson Primary, are pictured being served dishes from a menu of Piri Piri Chicken, Portuguese Omelette, baked fish, spicy rice, orange sponge cake and a fresh fruit platter.
Lunch theme days are held regularly to give Tower Hamlets pupils a taste of healthy food from around the world. These have included Chinese, Turkish, Spanish and Greek dishes.
Michael Hales, the council's Head of Contract Services, said: "These theme days are a chance to try different foods. The dishes are sometimes incorporated into our lunch menu if the children like them."
The next planned food theme day is April 23, St George's Day, with a typical English fare.
- 1 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 2 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 3 Planned travel disruptions in east and central north London this week
- 4 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 5 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 6 Covid-19: How the situation in Tower Hamlets compares to this time last year
- 7 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
- 8 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 9 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 10 Two men sustained head injuries in Tower Hamlets commercial robberies