Steve Davis thanks owners Nigel Travis and Kent Teague and Martin Ling for Leyton Orient opportunity
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Former Crewe Alexandra boss sacked by National League club after poor run which has seen Orient drop to 19th in the table
Steve Davis has thanked Leyton Orient owners Nigel Travis and Kent Teague, and director of football Martin Ling, for the opportunity to manage the Brisbane Road club and wished them success in the future following his sacking.
The 52-year-old parted company with the O’s this morning after a run of 11 National League games without a win.
A message from the now former head coach thanked everyone associated with the east London club for their efforts during his four-month stint in E10.
Davis said: “It is with regret that I write this statement but I wanted to take this opportunity at a difficult time personally, to firstly thank Kent, Nigel and Martin for the chance to help build the foundations at the club under their stewardship and provide a platform for Leyton Orient to go onto bigger and better things in the future.
You may also want to watch:
“Thanks also to my staff who worked tirelessly to provide professional and dedicated support trying to turn around results following a positive start to the season.
“To the players for their effort and enthusiasm every day on the training ground and finally, to the supporters who have helped make my stay in East London very enjoyable.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 8 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
“I have met some great characters whom I will never forget for their friendliness and support towards me during my stay.
“I wish the club every success in the future and hope it can achieve promotion back to the Football League.”