Store manager runs half marathon to make wishes of Bethnal Green girl come true
- Credit: Archant
A store manager has completed a half marathon to raise money for a charity that gives once in a lifetime wishes to sick children.
Christelle Delbart, of Colliers Wood, Merton, ran the Royal Parks Foundation half marathon on Sunday, October 6 for Starlight Children’s Foundation, who grant wishes for seriously and terminally ill children and provides entertainment in hospitals and hospices across the UK.
Christelle went round the 13.1 mile course in two hours and two minutes, raising £140.
The money raised from Christelle’s effort will go to Mia George, from Bethnal Green, whose wish is to swim with dolphins.
The six-year-old was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukaemia in August 2011 and is undergoing intensive treatment to fight the disease.
You may also want to watch:
To sponsor Christelle, visit her sponsorship page www.virginmoneygiving.com/christelledelbart
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning