Store manager runs half marathon to make wishes of Bethnal Green girl come true
- Credit: Archant
A store manager has completed a half marathon to raise money for a charity that gives once in a lifetime wishes to sick children.
Christelle Delbart, of Colliers Wood, Merton, ran the Royal Parks Foundation half marathon on Sunday, October 6 for Starlight Children’s Foundation, who grant wishes for seriously and terminally ill children and provides entertainment in hospitals and hospices across the UK.
Christelle went round the 13.1 mile course in two hours and two minutes, raising £140.
The money raised from Christelle’s effort will go to Mia George, from Bethnal Green, whose wish is to swim with dolphins.
The six-year-old was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukaemia in August 2011 and is undergoing intensive treatment to fight the disease.
You may also want to watch:
To sponsor Christelle, visit her sponsorship page www.virginmoneygiving.com/christelledelbart
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 3 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 4 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 5 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 6 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 7 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 8 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 9 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 10 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries