Stratford man named as shooting victim in Bethnal Green
- Credit: Met
A man who died from gunshot injuries has been named as Jordan Bari.
Detectives have launched a murder investigation following the death of Mr Bari, 20, at a block of flats in Florida Street, in Bethnal Green on Monday.
Police and Ambulance crews were called to the scene at about 8.05pm and found the victim suffering from a number of gunshot injuries.
He was pronounced dead shortly after at 8.45pm.
Two men were arrested at the scene on suspicion of murder, but have been bailed pending further enquires to a date to be confirmed.
You may also want to watch:
Police are continuing to appeal for witnesses and information following the murder.
Detective Chief Inspector Chris Jones from the Homicide and Major Crime Command continues. DCI Jones said:“I would appeal to anyone who was in the area around 8pm on Monday evening and saw anything suspicious in the vicinity of Florida Street to come forward and speak to police.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 8 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
“At this early stage we are still working to establish the reasons why this young man was killed - if you have any information that could help, please contact us.”
Any witnesses or anyone with any information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8345 3734.