Striking Tower Hamlets College lecturers return to work today
by Gemma Collins STRIKING lecturers at Tower Hamlets College are due to return to work today after a four-week walk-out. The college in Poplar confirmed this morning that
STRIKING lecturers at Tower Hamlets College are due to return to work today after a four-week walk-out.
The college in Poplar confirmed this morning that members of the University and College Union, who have been on strike since term began earlier this month, are expected to resume teaching.
This marks the end of a long-running dispute over job losses and cuts to English courses for speakers of other languages.
College bosses have been blaming the Learning and Skills Council, the government department responsible for planning and funding education and training, which they say has reduced its funding for adult places at the college by 3,000 in the last three years.
You may also want to watch:
But it has not yet been confirmed whether college bosses have abandoned their plans to make cut-backs.
- 1 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 2 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 3 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 4 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 5 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 6 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 7 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 8 Leyton Orient seal first away win of the season at Bristol Rovers
- 9 Travel round-up: Road and rail disruptions this week
- 10 Joe Gallen full of praise for O's forwards in Bristol Rovers victory