Striking Tower Hamlets College lecturers return to work today
by Gemma Collins STRIKING lecturers at Tower Hamlets College are due to return to work today after a four-week walk-out. The college in Poplar confirmed this morning that
STRIKING lecturers at Tower Hamlets College are due to return to work today after a four-week walk-out.
The college in Poplar confirmed this morning that members of the University and College Union, who have been on strike since term began earlier this month, are expected to resume teaching.
This marks the end of a long-running dispute over job losses and cuts to English courses for speakers of other languages.
College bosses have been blaming the Learning and Skills Council, the government department responsible for planning and funding education and training, which they say has reduced its funding for adult places at the college by 3,000 in the last three years.
You may also want to watch:
But it has not yet been confirmed whether college bosses have abandoned their plans to make cut-backs.
- 1 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 2 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 3 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 4 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 5 Truman Brewery offices, shops and restaurants plan gets green light
- 6 Two men rescued from Shadwell flat fire
- 7 Councillor ex-husband of MP Apsana Begum suspended from Labour Party
- 8 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners
- 9 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 10 Three held after shots reportedly fired at house in Bethnal Green