Strip clubs, pubs and bars to have licence details published
EVERY strip club, pub, nightclub and late night food outlet is to have the details of its licence published on the council’s website.
The vote for transparency was unanimously at Tower Hamlets’ full council meeting on October 27, after a motion by Tory councillors David Snowdon and Zara Davis.
Cllr Snowdon, a member of the licensing committee, said: “I see many cases where residents are sick to death of late night anti-social behaviour outside of bars or fast food outlets.
“Unless they are able to find the original licensing committee paperwork, or feel able to ask the licensee for their copy, they have no way of knowing whether licensing regulations are being broken.”
A full online database of each establishment’s regulated hours and a map showing the location of all licensed premises will now be available.
You may also want to watch:
If residents believe a business is breaking its agreement, they can apply to the committee for a review of the licence.
That could lead to new conditions being imposed or in worst cases licences being removed.
- 1 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 2 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 3 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 4 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 5 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 6 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 7 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 8 Leyton Orient seal first away win of the season at Bristol Rovers
- 9 Travel round-up: Road and rail disruptions this week
- 10 Joe Gallen full of praise for O's forwards in Bristol Rovers victory