Student falls 150ft from Millwall tower block
A STUDENT plunged more than 150ft to her death this week from an East End tower block. The woman, believed to be in her late 20s, plummeted 15 floors from
A STUDENT plunged more than 150ft to her death this week from an East End tower block.
The woman, believed to be in her late 20s, plummeted 15 floors from the window of Midship Point on Millwall's Quarterdeck estate on the Isle of Dogs on Monday morning.
It is the second time in two years that a woman has fallen to her death from the tower block.
But police have confirmed they are treating Monday's incident as "non-suspicious".
You may also want to watch:
The woman has not yet been named by police, who say they are waiting to inform the next of kin, but she was believed to be Chinese and a university student.
Neighbours claim they often saw her around the estate with an Asian man who may have been her boyfriend.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 4 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 5 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 6 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 7 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 8 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 9 'Set deadline to remove cladding,' Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 10 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
Police and paramedics were called to the estate at around 11.30am and the woman was pronounced dead at the scene.
John Lewis was parking his van on the estate, minutes after the woman fell.
He said: "At first I thought it was just a bundle of clothes on the ground and then I saw her just lying there.
"The police arrived and cordoned off the area.
"But it was just absolutely tragic to see a young girl like that. It is hard to get my head around."
Shopkeeper Mustafa Nasir who runs a convenience store on the estate said: "The woman would often come in with an Asian man but both were very quiet.
"She used to keep herself to herself."
In July 2008 Ashley Reynolds, 23, was thrown from the eighth floor of the same tower block by her lover Terance Neale who believed she was having an affair.
He was convicted of murder in August last year and jailed for a minimum of 18 years.
Mustafa added: "It must bring it all back for Ashley's family to see what was going on Monday. Her mum must be grieving even more now.