Nearly £1,000 worth of career coaching up for grabs for 50 London mums
- Credit: Successful Mums
A careers coach is giving away 50 free packages worth nearly £1,000 to London mums this spring.
Funding to cover the cost of each of the £995 careers coaching packages with Successful Mums is coming from the Mayor of London and European Union Social Fund.
The training company, founded by Jane Knight, aims to help those who have taken career gaps get back into work and find family-friendly jobs that work around their lives.
The company has helped 6,700 mums over the past eight years.
One of them, Lana Metsapelto, said the course had helped her confidence, self-belief and preparation for interviews.
She said: "It opened my mind to how, as mums, we have a lot of desirable and sought-after skills and qualities that are transferable to the workplace."
Founder Jane Knight added: “Instead of thinking 'I’m just a mum', we encourage people to embrace new-found skills and ensure these are on their CVs.
- 1 Guilty: Man murdered woman at bus stop and tried to kill another a day later
- 2 Archie Battersbee case to be reconsidered in High Court
- 3 £28k worth of illegal tobacco seized from containers and shops during raids
- 4 Arrest of 'Ilford kingpin' sparked ‘biggest ever' Channel crossings crack down
- 5 Three stabbed in Chrisp Street chicken shop
- 6 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 7 Bethnal Green officers sacked over 'abhorrent and discriminatory' messages
- 8 1888 Match Girls’ Strike marked with blue plaque in east London
- 9 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 10 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
"I have two children and my negotiation and conflict management skills have improved hugely, along with event management (birthdays) budgeting (Christmas) and creative thinking (mummy, I’m bored….)."
Applications must be in by the end of this month.
To apply see successfulmums.co.uk/landing.