Suggs hosting free Christmas concert at Old Spitalfields Market
Madness frontman Suggs will turn Old Spitalfields market into a House of Fun next week when he officially launches Christian Aid’s annual concert.
The crooner will be following in the footsteps of Olly Murs and Beverly Knight in kicking off the free Big Christmas Sing and turning on the tourist hotspot’s festive lights.
The charity has promised other well known artists will join the London singer.
Local choirs and groups, including an all-female string quartet and a brass band, will also take to the stage on Wednesday.
Suggs said: “We’ve got some surprises up our sleeves for the event at Old Spitalfields Market, and hope to see you there.”
You may also want to watch:
The event launches the charity’s nationwide fundraiser to encourage groups, work colleagues and schoolchildren to take to the mic and belt out their favourite tune to raise money for the world’s poorest communities.
The concert starts at 5.30pm.
- 1 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 2 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 3 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 4 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 5 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 6 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 7 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 8 Leyton Orient seal first away win of the season at Bristol Rovers
- 9 Travel round-up: Road and rail disruptions this week
- 10 Joe Gallen full of praise for O's forwards in Bristol Rovers victory