Suggs hosting free Christmas concert at Old Spitalfields Market
Madness frontman Suggs will turn Old Spitalfields market into a House of Fun next week when he officially launches Christian Aid’s annual concert.
The crooner will be following in the footsteps of Olly Murs and Beverly Knight in kicking off the free Big Christmas Sing and turning on the tourist hotspot’s festive lights.
The charity has promised other well known artists will join the London singer.
Local choirs and groups, including an all-female string quartet and a brass band, will also take to the stage on Wednesday.
Suggs said: “We’ve got some surprises up our sleeves for the event at Old Spitalfields Market, and hope to see you there.”
You may also want to watch:
The event launches the charity’s nationwide fundraiser to encourage groups, work colleagues and schoolchildren to take to the mic and belt out their favourite tune to raise money for the world’s poorest communities.
The concert starts at 5.30pm.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 5 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 7 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 8 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel