Suggs hosting free Christmas concert at Old Spitalfields Market
Madness frontman Suggs will turn Old Spitalfields market into a House of Fun next week when he officially launches Christian Aid’s annual concert.
The crooner will be following in the footsteps of Olly Murs and Beverly Knight in kicking off the free Big Christmas Sing and turning on the tourist hotspot’s festive lights.
The charity has promised other well known artists will join the London singer.
Local choirs and groups, including an all-female string quartet and a brass band, will also take to the stage on Wednesday.
Suggs said: “We’ve got some surprises up our sleeves for the event at Old Spitalfields Market, and hope to see you there.”
You may also want to watch:
The event launches the charity’s nationwide fundraiser to encourage groups, work colleagues and schoolchildren to take to the mic and belt out their favourite tune to raise money for the world’s poorest communities.
The concert starts at 5.30pm.
- 1 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 2 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 3 Leyton Orient linked with Omar Beckles, Connor Wood and Paul Smyth
- 4 Drivers fight Tower Hamlets for years over 'clamping on private land'
- 5 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 6 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 7 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 8 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 9 Search is on for next Tower Hamlets Freedom of the Borough award recipient
- 10 Limehouse Link Tunnel closure causing traffic chaos and A13 delays