Summer university challenge sports come to East End
TEENAGERS from Summer Uni projects all over London converged on the East End for a gruelling athletics challenge including tug’o’war and the equally athletic welly wanging’ and egg-and-spoon race
TEENAGERS from Summer Uni projects all over London converged on the East End to compete in a gruelling athletics challenge.
The contests included tug'o'war, basketball, high jump as well as the equally athletic 'welly wanging' and egg-and-spoon race!
They battled for a place on the podium at Mile End stadium. All the winners left with gold medals, while losers got a pat on the back for their efforts.
You may also want to watch:
The sporting activity didn't end there, as the event also gave the youngsters professional coaching from experts in street dance, hurdling, cricket and football.
It was also a chance to see what is being offered by sports and health organisations in East London including Tower Hamlets Council's 'Health Champions,' Tower Hamlets Cycle Club, Mile End Hospital, Tower Hamlets Basketball Club, Sporting Bengal FC and Hackney Community College in Shoreditch.
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 3 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 8 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 9 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19