Summer university challenge sports come to East End
TEENAGERS from Summer Uni projects all over London converged on the East End for a gruelling athletics challenge including tug’o’war and the equally athletic welly wanging’ and egg-and-spoon race
TEENAGERS from Summer Uni projects all over London converged on the East End to compete in a gruelling athletics challenge.
The contests included tug'o'war, basketball, high jump as well as the equally athletic 'welly wanging' and egg-and-spoon race!
They battled for a place on the podium at Mile End stadium. All the winners left with gold medals, while losers got a pat on the back for their efforts.
You may also want to watch:
The sporting activity didn't end there, as the event also gave the youngsters professional coaching from experts in street dance, hurdling, cricket and football.
It was also a chance to see what is being offered by sports and health organisations in East London including Tower Hamlets Council's 'Health Champions,' Tower Hamlets Cycle Club, Mile End Hospital, Tower Hamlets Basketball Club, Sporting Bengal FC and Hackney Community College in Shoreditch.
- 1 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 4 Police chief to be quizzed at East London Mosque
- 5 Somali kitchen in Bethnal Green gets halal help from Amazon staff
- 6 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 7 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 8 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 9 Tokyo 2020: Poplar children have their own 'Olympics'
- 10 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?