Summer university challenge sports come to East End
TEENAGERS from Summer Uni projects all over London converged on the East End for a gruelling athletics challenge including tug’o’war and the equally athletic welly wanging’ and egg-and-spoon race
TEENAGERS from Summer Uni projects all over London converged on the East End to compete in a gruelling athletics challenge.
The contests included tug'o'war, basketball, high jump as well as the equally athletic 'welly wanging' and egg-and-spoon race!
They battled for a place on the podium at Mile End stadium. All the winners left with gold medals, while losers got a pat on the back for their efforts.
You may also want to watch:
The sporting activity didn't end there, as the event also gave the youngsters professional coaching from experts in street dance, hurdling, cricket and football.
It was also a chance to see what is being offered by sports and health organisations in East London including Tower Hamlets Council's 'Health Champions,' Tower Hamlets Cycle Club, Mile End Hospital, Tower Hamlets Basketball Club, Sporting Bengal FC and Hackney Community College in Shoreditch.
- 1 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 2 Pedestrian struck by motorcycle in critical condition following Stepney collision
- 3 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 4 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 5 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 6 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 7 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
- 8 Campaign launched to 'clean up the Thames and help save world's oceans'
- 9 Hot tub and BBQ boats relaunched at Canary Wharf
- 10 'Stop building more towers,' MP at protest after New Providence Wharf fire