Super Superdrug doubles size in Roman Road to reopen with flowers
- Credit: Superdrug PR
An expanded “super Superdrug” store has reopened in London’s East End today with the first customer through the door given a bouquet.
Superdrug has been trading in Roman Road Market in Bow for more than 25 years—but sales floor space wasn’t matching customer trents.
The company shut the branch for several weeks while giving it an extensive makeover and extended it by 1,235 sq ft.
The first customer through the door this-morning was handed a bouquet of flowers by branch-manager Krishna Madathil.
“We are excited to unveil our new store,” he said. “We’ve been trading for 25 years in the heart of our community and now look forward to customers coming back to check out our new look.”
You may also want to watch:
The store has more than doubled in size and now stretches to 2,683 sq ft, ready to cope with rising numbers of shoppers as the famous thoroughfare that looks eastward to the Olympic Park half-a-mile away joins London’s trendy shopping list.
The company is now promoting online shopping with facilities to collect products at the revamped E3 store.
- 1 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 2 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 3 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 8 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 9 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 10 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green