Suspicious death probe after body recovered from Thames at Wapping
DETECTIVES are investigating a suspicious death after the body of a man in his 20s was recovered early today from the Thames at Shadwell Basin. Police were called to reports that a man had fallen into the river after a fight
DETECTIVES are investigating a suspicious death after the body of a man in his 20s was recovered early today from the Thames at Shadwell Basin in East London.
Police were called last night to reports that a man had fallen into the river at Wapping.
The Met’s river division was joined by London Fire Brigade and the Ambulance Service crews.
The dead man and a 17-year-old girl were believed to have been on the waterfront and might have become involved in a fight with others at about 9.30pm in Garnet Street.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from the Homicide & Serious Crime Command are treating the death as suspicious, Scotland Yard has confirmed.
They are appealing for witnesses or anyone with information who was in the Wapping area around 9.30pm last night to contact the incident room at Barking on 020-8345 3734, or anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800-555111. A post-mortem examination is being arranged at Poplar Mortuary.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 5 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 8 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 9 How seaweed can help save the planet, east London inventor reveals
- 10 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage