Suspicious death probe after body recovered from Thames at Wapping
DETECTIVES are investigating a suspicious death after the body of a man in his 20s was recovered early today from the Thames at Shadwell Basin. Police were called to reports that a man had fallen into the river after a fight
DETECTIVES are investigating a suspicious death after the body of a man in his 20s was recovered early today from the Thames at Shadwell Basin in East London.
Police were called last night to reports that a man had fallen into the river at Wapping.
The Met’s river division was joined by London Fire Brigade and the Ambulance Service crews.
The dead man and a 17-year-old girl were believed to have been on the waterfront and might have become involved in a fight with others at about 9.30pm in Garnet Street.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from the Homicide & Serious Crime Command are treating the death as suspicious, Scotland Yard has confirmed.
They are appealing for witnesses or anyone with information who was in the Wapping area around 9.30pm last night to contact the incident room at Barking on 020-8345 3734, or anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800-555111. A post-mortem examination is being arranged at Poplar Mortuary.
- 1 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 4 Green light for £1m in levies to be used for East End fire rescue ladder
- 5 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
- 6 'Laughing gas central': Call for action on antisocial behaviour
- 7 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 8 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 9 Bethnal Green rubbish 'attracts rats' as 'pingdemic' delays collections
- 10 No arrests after triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs