Suspicious death probe after body recovered from Thames at Wapping
DETECTIVES are investigating a suspicious death after the body of a man in his 20s was recovered early today from the Thames at Shadwell Basin. Police were called to reports that a man had fallen into the river after a fight
DETECTIVES are investigating a suspicious death after the body of a man in his 20s was recovered early today from the Thames at Shadwell Basin in East London.
Police were called last night to reports that a man had fallen into the river at Wapping.
The Met’s river division was joined by London Fire Brigade and the Ambulance Service crews.
The dead man and a 17-year-old girl were believed to have been on the waterfront and might have become involved in a fight with others at about 9.30pm in Garnet Street.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from the Homicide & Serious Crime Command are treating the death as suspicious, Scotland Yard has confirmed.
They are appealing for witnesses or anyone with information who was in the Wapping area around 9.30pm last night to contact the incident room at Barking on 020-8345 3734, or anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800-555111. A post-mortem examination is being arranged at Poplar Mortuary.
- 1 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 2 Pedestrian struck by motorcycle in critical condition following Stepney collision
- 3 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 4 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 5 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 6 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 7 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
- 8 Campaign launched to 'clean up the Thames and help save world's oceans'
- 9 Hot tub and BBQ boats relaunched at Canary Wharf
- 10 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs