Swan hope to confuse us by talking about other open spaces
Dear Ed, I MUST take issue with the letter from Ellen Ferris and Anne Ahern, which appeared on the Advertiser website yesterday, claiming no green spaces on the Exmouth estate will be touched in Swan plans. Perhaps they hope to confuse people by talking about the other areas of the estate which are not at issue
I MUST take issue with the letter from Ellen Ferris and Anne Ahern, which appeared on the East London Advertiser website yesterday, claiming no green spaces on the Exmouth estate will be touched in Swan plans (Advertiser website letters, April 1).
It tells us that Swan Housing has no plans to build on the green space between the blocks of flats as if these were the green spaces the No Campaign’ is referring to.
They know very well what green spaces Swan Housing’s proposal refers to—the two large open areas along the Commercial Road, from Rochelle Court to Brayford Square, from the telephone exchange to the old Stepney’s nightclub.
Why they should fail to make this distinction one can only guess. Perhaps they hope to confuse people by talking about the other areas of the estate, as if they were the issue!
As for the height of the proposed buildings, Ellen and Anne say some will be six storeys, while “the rest will only be four storeys."
You may also want to watch:
But the fact is that most of the residents don’t want anything built on this greenery at all!
- 1 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 2 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 3 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 4 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 5 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 6 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 9 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 10 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
Exmouth Estate, Commercial Road, Stepney.