Swap stories about social housing in the East End
THERE’S a chance to discover more about the story of social housing in the East End at a special event at Tower Hamlets local history library.
Visitors can make a film and record their own stories as well as browsing the photographic collection at the archives in Bancroft Road.
People are invited to bring their own pictures for others to look at and make maps of their areas as well as look at the maps held at the collection.
The event from 11am to 3pm on Saturday (August 28) is part of a social history project run by the archives and the Bow Arts Trust.
Places should be booked on 020 7364 1290 or email@example.com
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 5 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 6 Authorities urged to act against 'terrifying' Isle of Dogs car races
- 7 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 8 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 9 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 10 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney