Swindon Town’s James Brophy joins Leyton Orient on loan
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Former Harrow Borough youngster agrees three-month loan deal with National League club
Leyton Orient have announced the loan signing of Swindon Town man James Brophy on a three-month deal.
The Londoner, who began his career with Harrow Borough, has moved to O’s and boosted their options out wide.
Brophy is a left-back, who is equally comfortable at wing-back or on the wing and gives Steve Davis more variety going forward.
He moved to Swindon Town in the summer of 2015 after previously plying his trade in non-league football.
You may also want to watch:
And the 23-year-old has played a lot of football for the Robins, although found playing time restricted this season.
Brophy has only made six appearances during the 2017/18 campaign and not featured for Swindon since August 26.
- 1 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 4 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 5 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 6 500 deaf children wait to see if their education needs will be cut by Tower Hamlets Council
- 7 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 8 Lockdown dancing in your own living room goes online from Canary Wharf
- 9 Tower of London's Queen raven feared dead
- 10 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
Therefore the League Two club have allowed him to move to Orient and he’ll link up with a couple of familiar faces at Brisbane Road.
He previously worked with O’s director of football Martin Ling and assistant manager Ross Embleton at Swindon and we work with them again now.