Swine flu video launch
HEALTH chiefs have launched a video campaign urging East Enders to protect themselves against swine flu. In a bid to prevent a repeat of the summer when the borough was branded a swine flu `hotspot because of the high number of cases, NHS Tower Hamlets
HEALTH chiefs have launched a video campaign urging East Enders to protect themselves against swine flu.
In a bid to prevent a repeat of the summer when the borough was branded a swine flu `hotspot' because of the high number of cases, NHS Tower Hamlets have produced a short film to promote the message, `If you can't catch it - you can't pass it on'.
The film features messages from health bosses explaining the importance of vaccinating frontline NHS staff who could be at risk of passing the infection on to patients.
And it also features interviews with Father Alan Green of the Tower Hamlets Inter Faith Forum and local Imam Hafiz Mulana Shafiqur Rahman who talk about the necessity of protecting the East End community from swine flu.
You may also want to watch:
The primary care trust also interviewed residents who give their views on how best to protect themselves against the infection and give a "big thumbs up" to the vaccination programme.
- 1 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 2 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 3 Covid patients in intensive care down to single figures at hospital trust
- 4 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 5 Fast broadband deal is signed for thousands of East End homes
- 6 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 7 Voting in the Isle of Dogs Neighbourhood Planning Referendum
- 8 Ramadan explained: Everything you need to know about the Islamic holy month
- 9 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 10 Hundreds of boilers break down in the East End during pandemic