Swine flu video launch
HEALTH chiefs have launched a video campaign urging East Enders to protect themselves against swine flu. In a bid to prevent a repeat of the summer when the borough was branded a swine flu `hotspot because of the high number of cases, NHS Tower Hamlets
HEALTH chiefs have launched a video campaign urging East Enders to protect themselves against swine flu.
In a bid to prevent a repeat of the summer when the borough was branded a swine flu `hotspot' because of the high number of cases, NHS Tower Hamlets have produced a short film to promote the message, `If you can't catch it - you can't pass it on'.
The film features messages from health bosses explaining the importance of vaccinating frontline NHS staff who could be at risk of passing the infection on to patients.
And it also features interviews with Father Alan Green of the Tower Hamlets Inter Faith Forum and local Imam Hafiz Mulana Shafiqur Rahman who talk about the necessity of protecting the East End community from swine flu.
You may also want to watch:
The primary care trust also interviewed residents who give their views on how best to protect themselves against the infection and give a "big thumbs up" to the vaccination programme.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 3 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 4 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 10 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel