Swine flu video launch
HEALTH chiefs have launched a video campaign urging East Enders to protect themselves against swine flu. In a bid to prevent a repeat of the summer when the borough was branded a swine flu `hotspot because of the high number of cases, NHS Tower Hamlets
HEALTH chiefs have launched a video campaign urging East Enders to protect themselves against swine flu.
In a bid to prevent a repeat of the summer when the borough was branded a swine flu `hotspot' because of the high number of cases, NHS Tower Hamlets have produced a short film to promote the message, `If you can't catch it - you can't pass it on'.
The film features messages from health bosses explaining the importance of vaccinating frontline NHS staff who could be at risk of passing the infection on to patients.
And it also features interviews with Father Alan Green of the Tower Hamlets Inter Faith Forum and local Imam Hafiz Mulana Shafiqur Rahman who talk about the necessity of protecting the East End community from swine flu.
The primary care trust also interviewed residents who give their views on how best to protect themselves against the infection and give a "big thumbs up" to the vaccination programme.
- 1 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 2 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 3 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 4 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 5 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 6 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
- 7 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 8 Patients with Covid in east London hospitals fall after rising for weeks
- 9 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 10 One per cent council tax rise planned with borough set for balanced budget