Swine flu video launch
HEALTH chiefs have launched a video campaign urging East Enders to protect themselves against swine flu. In a bid to prevent a repeat of the summer when the borough was branded a swine flu `hotspot because of the high number of cases, NHS Tower Hamlets
HEALTH chiefs have launched a video campaign urging East Enders to protect themselves against swine flu.
In a bid to prevent a repeat of the summer when the borough was branded a swine flu `hotspot' because of the high number of cases, NHS Tower Hamlets have produced a short film to promote the message, `If you can't catch it - you can't pass it on'.
The film features messages from health bosses explaining the importance of vaccinating frontline NHS staff who could be at risk of passing the infection on to patients.
And it also features interviews with Father Alan Green of the Tower Hamlets Inter Faith Forum and local Imam Hafiz Mulana Shafiqur Rahman who talk about the necessity of protecting the East End community from swine flu.
You may also want to watch:
The primary care trust also interviewed residents who give their views on how best to protect themselves against the infection and give a "big thumbs up" to the vaccination programme.
- 1 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 2 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 3 Truman Brewery offices, shops and restaurants plan gets green light
- 4 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 5 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 6 Two men rescued from Shadwell flat fire
- 7 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 8 Councillor ex-husband of MP Apsana Begum suspended from Labour Party
- 9 Truman's Brewery future being debated at Tower Hamlets Council
- 10 Call to remain vigilant after gay man killed in park in Mile End