Talented photographer captures Docklands in new light
WHEN web designer Luke Agbaimoni started taking a few happy snaps during his lunch break, he never imagined it would lead to a two-year photography project documenting his beloved Docklands.
But that’s exactly how the talented photographer turned his hobby into an award-winning collection published on websites across the country, including The Guardian and BBC.
This week Luke gave us a sneak peek of his work and admitted it was a competition run by this newspaper last year which helped his career take off.
The Docklands Real View Competition asked readers to submit their best pictures of the DLR. Agbaimoni nabbed first place with his haunting snowy view near East India station, taking home an E-P1 & 14-42mm lens Olympus camera as top prize.
The 30-year-old has since used the state-of-the-art camera to capture the Docklands in a series of stunning images.
You may also want to watch:
He admits the area has a special place in his heart after growing up in Surrey Quays, adding: “The Docklands is stacked with history but in a way no one really lives or works there. It’s a special area.
“It’s really beautiful the architecture of the buildings – especially at night when the colours shine. There’s something quite nice about buildings and water working in unison. It’s undiscovered beauty.”
- 1 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 2 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 3 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 7 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 8 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 9 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 10 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
A communications and design graduate, Agbaimoni was never trained in photography but felt compelled to snap away in his lunch breaks while working as a freelance web designer at the Royal Victoria Docks.
His photos of Canary Wharf, Tower Bridge and the Olympic Park use long exposure and concentrate on architectural aspects usually at sunset and night.
He now hopes to exhibit his photos in the future.
To view the full collection or purchase prints, visit: www.docklandsphotography.com