Tawanda gets his wings at just 19
A STUDENT from Mile End is one of the youngest in the UK to earn his wings –just weeks after quizzing Prime Minister Gordon Brown about issues affecting young people. Nineteen-year-old Tawanda Chieza is now looking for his first job in the airline industr
A STUDENT from Mile End is one of the youngest in the UK to earn his wings -just weeks after quizzing Prime Minister Gordon Brown about issues affecting young people.
Nineteen-year-old Tawanda Chieza is now looking for his first job in the airline industry after racking up 276 hours of flying time to earn his commercial pilot's licence.
He studied aviation management at London Metropolitan University and completed his practical training in South Africa and Canada.
Tawanda was one of five young people to win the chance to join the Prime Minister for a breakfast meeting just hours before he sat one of his final exams for his licence.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "I just love to fly.
- 1 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 5 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 6 Authorities urged to act against 'terrifying' Isle of Dogs car races
- 7 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 8 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 9 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 10 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man