Tawanda gets his wings at just 19
A STUDENT from Mile End is one of the youngest in the UK to earn his wings –just weeks after quizzing Prime Minister Gordon Brown about issues affecting young people. Nineteen-year-old Tawanda Chieza is now looking for his first job in the airline industr
A STUDENT from Mile End is one of the youngest in the UK to earn his wings -just weeks after quizzing Prime Minister Gordon Brown about issues affecting young people.
Nineteen-year-old Tawanda Chieza is now looking for his first job in the airline industry after racking up 276 hours of flying time to earn his commercial pilot's licence.
He studied aviation management at London Metropolitan University and completed his practical training in South Africa and Canada.
Tawanda was one of five young people to win the chance to join the Prime Minister for a breakfast meeting just hours before he sat one of his final exams for his licence.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "I just love to fly.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns