Tax credit deadline looms for East Enders
EAST Enders who claim tax credit are reminded to renew their claims by July 31 or they will lose out. There are 25,000 people currently claiming tax credit in Tower Hamlets, with a total of 217,900 on the benefit in east London. Claimants needs to check
EAST Enders who claim tax credit are reminded to renew their claims by July 31 or they will lose out.
There are 25,000 people currently claiming tax credit in Tower Hamlets, with a total of 217,900 on the benefit in east London.
Claimants needs to check the details of the information in the renewals pack they have been sent and let the tax office know of any changes in their circumstances in the last year, along with details of their previous year's income.
Her Majesty's Revenue and Custom's director of benefits and credits, Steve Lamey, said: "There are only a few days left to renew your tax credits, so you need to take urgent action if you haven't done so. It's simple - if you don't renew your claim before 31 July, your payments will stop."
You may also want to watch:
Further details are available at www.direct.gov.uk/renewyourtaxcredits.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 4 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
- 7 Poplar and Limehouse MP's trial on housing fraud charges set to start
- 8 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 9 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 10 Man dies on Isle of Dogs