Tax credit deadline looms for East Enders
EAST Enders who claim tax credit are reminded to renew their claims by July 31 or they will lose out. There are 25,000 people currently claiming tax credit in Tower Hamlets, with a total of 217,900 on the benefit in east London. Claimants needs to check
EAST Enders who claim tax credit are reminded to renew their claims by July 31 or they will lose out.
There are 25,000 people currently claiming tax credit in Tower Hamlets, with a total of 217,900 on the benefit in east London.
Claimants needs to check the details of the information in the renewals pack they have been sent and let the tax office know of any changes in their circumstances in the last year, along with details of their previous year's income.
Her Majesty's Revenue and Custom's director of benefits and credits, Steve Lamey, said: "There are only a few days left to renew your tax credits, so you need to take urgent action if you haven't done so. It's simple - if you don't renew your claim before 31 July, your payments will stop."
You may also want to watch:
Further details are available at www.direct.gov.uk/renewyourtaxcredits.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 5 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel