Tax credit deadline looms for East Enders
EAST Enders who claim tax credit are reminded to renew their claims by July 31 or they will lose out. There are 25,000 people currently claiming tax credit in Tower Hamlets, with a total of 217,900 on the benefit in east London. Claimants needs to check
EAST Enders who claim tax credit are reminded to renew their claims by July 31 or they will lose out.
There are 25,000 people currently claiming tax credit in Tower Hamlets, with a total of 217,900 on the benefit in east London.
Claimants needs to check the details of the information in the renewals pack they have been sent and let the tax office know of any changes in their circumstances in the last year, along with details of their previous year's income.
Her Majesty's Revenue and Custom's director of benefits and credits, Steve Lamey, said: "There are only a few days left to renew your tax credits, so you need to take urgent action if you haven't done so. It's simple - if you don't renew your claim before 31 July, your payments will stop."
You may also want to watch:
Further details are available at www.direct.gov.uk/renewyourtaxcredits.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 2 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 3 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 4 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 5 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 6 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 7 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 8 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 9 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 10 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'