Tax credit deadline looms for East Enders
EAST Enders who claim tax credit are reminded to renew their claims by July 31 or they will lose out. There are 25,000 people currently claiming tax credit in Tower Hamlets, with a total of 217,900 on the benefit in east London. Claimants needs to check
EAST Enders who claim tax credit are reminded to renew their claims by July 31 or they will lose out.
There are 25,000 people currently claiming tax credit in Tower Hamlets, with a total of 217,900 on the benefit in east London.
Claimants needs to check the details of the information in the renewals pack they have been sent and let the tax office know of any changes in their circumstances in the last year, along with details of their previous year's income.
Her Majesty's Revenue and Custom's director of benefits and credits, Steve Lamey, said: "There are only a few days left to renew your tax credits, so you need to take urgent action if you haven't done so. It's simple - if you don't renew your claim before 31 July, your payments will stop."
You may also want to watch:
Further details are available at www.direct.gov.uk/renewyourtaxcredits.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 2 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 3 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 4 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 5 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 6 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 7 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 10 New pizza restaurant opening with drag and disco party