Tea dance gets Xmas off to a swing for East End’s 1950s Jivers
- Credit: Tower Hamlets Council
The Christmas season has got off to an official start with the 50-plus generation tripping the light fantastic at their annual jiving tea dance in East London’s Vicky Park.
They turned up with seasonal cheer for the Wednesday bash, with the next lined up in Whitechapel next week.
Festive treats and warm drinks were laid on at the Hub centre in Victoria Park by Tower Hamlets Council for a comforting afternoon to the winter backdrop.
Those who missed it have a chance to put on their dancing shoes for the next seasonal tea dance at Whitechapel’s Brady Centre in Hanbury Street next Wednesday at 2pm.
The Sunshine Kings jazz and swing band is live with dance leader Tony Lane demonstrating the steps like Waltz, Ballroom, Latin and of course Jive.
You may also want to watch:
The free event is open to over 50s, but has to be booked ahead on 020-7364 7916, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns