Team News: AFC Wimbledon vs Leyton Orient
- Credit: Archant
Ollie Palmer pushing for a start against AFC Wimbledon
Ollie Palmer will hope to be handed a start today as Leyton Orient make the trip to AFC Wimbledon later this afternoon in League Two.
The former Mansfield Town forward has made a huge impact off the substitute’s bench in the past two matches after being surprisingly dropped.
Last weekend he helped unsettle the Dagenham & Redbridge defence and on Tuesday he won O’s their penalty against Plymouth Argyle.
In contrast, Armand Gnanduillet, despite scoring on Saturday, has flattered to deceive and Palmer seems deserving of a start.
You may also want to watch:
Another person potentially set for a recall for the trip to Cherry Red Records Stadium is Coventry City loanee and central defender Peter Ramage.
Captain Mathieu Baudry and Shaun Brisley both struggled against Argyle and the latter could drop to the bench this afternoon.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 4 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
Jobi McAnuff remains unavailable due to a calf problem and it is unsure when the Jamaican international will return to the team.
Meanwhile Kevin Nolan, supposedly out with an ankle injury, won’t be involved against the Dons and last featured during the 3-0 loss at Barnet.
Paul McCallum and Dean Cox are still working their way back to full fitness following knee ligament damage back in 2015.
Although they’re not yet selectable, both are making fine progress and have been at recent away matches to support their team mates.
Josh Koroma, fresh from scoring for the under-18s on Thursday night at Brisbane Road, could be among the replacements again while Scott Kashket definitely will be.