Team News: Aldershot Town vs Leyton Orient
- Credit: Archant
Steve Davis will have a lot more options to pick from ahead of today’s trip to the Recreation Ground
Steve Davis should have a stronger squad to pick from for Leyton Orient’s clash at National League leaders Aldershot Town later today.
The O’s were missing several key players last weekend and fell to a 2-1 loss at home to Hartlepool United in front of the BT Sport cameras.
First-team captain Charlie Lee remains out for the foreseeable future after recently undergoing knee surgery, while George Elokobi will miss the next few months with a hamstring injury.
Josh Coulson (groin) and James Dayton (hamstring) were unavailable for the clash with the Pools, but both should return at the Recreation Ground.
You may also want to watch:
Forward Matt Harrold has also been struggling of late after suffering a calf problem and will miss out again today.
Aron Pollock and Christian Scales recently picking up injuries on loan at Wealdstone and Harlow Town respectively, but the latter is back in contention now.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
David Mooney (shoulder) and Craig Clay (hamstring) came off last weekend, but the latter is set to start this afternoon.
O’s club captain Mooney may have to settle for a place on the bench if he can’t shake off his shoulder issue.
During the week, O’s also signed Swindon Town winger James Brophy on a three-month loan and he will make his debut today.
Orient boss Davis could potentially play the Robins ace out wide or in place of Joe Widdowson at left-back.
With Coulson set to be fit, he will partner one of Dan Happe or Jamie Sendles-White at the heart of O’s defence.
Clay and Alex Lawless will continue in midfield with Dayton likely to be on the right and McAnuff remaining on the left.
If Mooney is unable to start, Koroma may partner Macauley Bonne up front or Davis could revert to a 4-2-3-1 formation, which may see Brophy feature.
After including several academy graduates on the bench last Saturday, the Orient head coach will be pleased to have more options available for today’s match.
O’s go into the clash with Aldershot off the back of a poor run of form, which has seen them lose their last three games.
The Brisbane Road club have dropped to 13th in the table as a result, but will aim to get back on track this afternoon.