Team News: Blackpool vs Leyton Orient
- Credit: Archant
Several Orient players set to make final appearance for club ahead of expected departure during summer
A number of players could make their last appearance for Leyton Orient later today at Blackpool ahead of their expected departures during the summer.
Callum Kennedy, Sandro Semedo, Michael Collins and Paul McCallum all started for O’s last weekend against Colchester United and are out of contract at the end of this season.
The aforementioned foursome could depart this summer, but are very likely to be included in Riza’s starting XI at Bloomfield Road.
Jens Janse’s contract expires on June 30 too, although after his mistake last Saturday, he isn’t set to be part of the matchday squad at Blackpool.
You may also want to watch:
Youngster Henry Ochieng could earn a recall as a result and play as a right wing-back with O’s likely to use a 3-4-3 formation again.
Riza will be without a number of players, however, with captain Robbie Weir still working his way back following anterior cruciate ligament damage to his knee.
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 3 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 9 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 10 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
Gavin Massey is out due to a hamstring tear while goalkeeper duo Alex Cisak and Charlie Grainger remain on the sidelines with respective groin problems.
Club captain Nicky Hunt’s knee is still causing him trouble and Myles Judd’s back issue means he is unlikely to feature.
Liam Kelly has a Grade One calf strain, so the all-action midfielder is set to remain on the sidelines and may have made his last appeareance for O’s.
The list of Orient players out through injury appears endless, but the ones who are fit will be aiming to end the league campaign with a rare win.