Team News: Boreham Wood vs Leyton Orient
- Credit: Archant
Who will Steve Davis pick up front and in the centre of midfield at Meadow Park?
Leyton Orient are joint-top of the National League after eight games and therefore it is no surprise Steve Davis has plenty of good players pushing to get into his starting XI for the trip to Boreham Wood this afternoon.
Henry Ochieng made his first start of the campaign last weekend with Alex Lawless unavailable due to a hip flexor injury.
And Orient’s academy graduate impressed alongside experienced midfielder partner Craig Clay, as O’s recorded a comprehensive 4-1 win over Guiseley.
But with Lawless set to be fit for today’s match, Davis has to decide whether to pick the ex-Luton Town ace or retain the energetic teenager.
You may also want to watch:
Another nice dilemma for the boss is who to play up front with David Mooney and Matt Harrold vying for a start.
Macauley Bonne netted a hat-trick on Saturday, so he can be assured of a place, but who will partner him in attack?
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 6 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 7 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 8 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 9 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
Harrold caught the eye off the bench against Guiseley and scored two minutes into his debut before then grabbing an assist.
Although Mooney didn’t have so much of an impact, he still turned the game in O’s favour by winning two spot-kicks just before half time.
Davis therefore has a couple of tricky decisions to make before selecting his team today, but they are nice issues to have!
One player definitely not featuring this afternoon is first-team captain Charlie Lee, who is out with a long-term knee injury.
Aron Pollock is back at O’s after his loan spell at Wealdstone was cut short, but he is not expected to be in the match day squad.