Team News: Braintree Town vs Leyton Orient
- Credit: Archant
Justin Edinburgh’s team could break a club record this evening
Leyton Orient have the chance to set a new club record for the longest unbeaten start to a league season at Braintree Town this evening.
The O’s 3-0 triumph at Harrogate Town last weekend made it 12 matches without a defeat in the National League this term.
Orient’s previous best start to a campaign occurred in the 2013/14 season when they won 10 of their first 12 games in League One before losing 3-1 at Coventry City.
If Justin Edinburgh’s men can avoid defeat tonight at Cressing Road, they will set a new club record for the longest unbeaten start to a league campaign.
You may also want to watch:
The 48-year-old must now decide whether he rotates his starting XI for the clash at Braintree or if he sticks with the same team which won on Saturday.
Orient have picked the same starting side for the last eight games and it has worked perfectly as they have moved to the top of the table.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 7 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
- 8 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 9 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 10 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
Yet given the quick turnaround and the competitive nature of the clash at Harrogate, Edinburgh could be tempted to bring in one of Dale Gorman, James Alabi or Matt Harrold tonight.
Sam Ling and James Brophy are both fit and raring to go now too after recent injuries, but whether any of the aforementioned five feature at Braintree remains to be seen.
If anyone is to come in, Gorman looks the most likely and if he did start this evening, it would be his full debut for O’s.