Team News: Carlisle United vs Leyton Orient
- Credit: Archant
Nigel Atangana was only watching from sideline at Morecambe last week due to injury, but is back fit and available again
Nigel Atangana will be back for Leyton Orient this weekend, although will probably have to settle for a place on the bench at Carlisle United.
The former Portsmouth midfielder turned 27 yesterday and has enjoyed a fine start to the new campaign.
After beginning the new season among the replacements, the ex-Havant & Waterlooville ace forced himself into Andy Hessenthaler’s starting XI at the expense of O’s captain Robbie Weir.
But Atangana suffered a groin issue during Orient’s 3-1 success against Stevenage in the English Football League Trophy on August 30.
You may also want to watch:
He was at Morecambe last weekend, but only watched on with the injury still causing him problems.
Atangana is fit again now, though, but Weir and Liam Kelly were excellent at Globe Arena on Saturday and should start again.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 8 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
Hessenthaler will also certainly put the French midfielder back on the substitutes bench and it could be in place of Myles Judd or Josh Koroma.
Both talented youngsters were among the replacements at Morecambe, but may miss out at Brunton Park.
After delivering arguably their best performance of the season last weekend, it isn’t expected that O’s will make any changes at Carlisle and Paul McCallum will lead the line again with Jordan Bowery.