Team News: Colchester United vs Leyton Orient
- Credit: Archant
Will Alberto Cavasin stay true to his word and give O’s youth a chance in League Two?
It is intriguing to see whether Alberto Cavasin sticks to his word and gives some of Leyton Orient’s talented youngsters an opportunity at Colchester United today.
After the 6-0 FA Cup first round defeat to Sheffield United, the Italian insisted O’s academy players couldn’t help their current predicament in League Two.
But an improved showing on Tuesday night in the EFL Trophy at Brighton & Hove Albion, where six Orient teenagers featured, resulted in Cavasin admitting the youth may be deserving of a chance.
If the 60-year-old is to include a couple this afternoon, the likes of Aron Pollock, Myles Judd and Josh Koroma appear the most likely.
You may also want to watch:
Somebody that has progressed through the east Londoners academy and been a regular this season is Sandro Semedo and he is set to continue on the left at the U’s.
Ollie Palmer and Tom Parkes limped off at Bramall Lane last weekend, but both should be fit and ready for selection today.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 6 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 7 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 8 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 9 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
French defender Yvan Erichot has been out of late with a groin problem, although he is available for the clash with Colchester.
The likes of AFC Bournemouth loanee Harry Cornick and Ulrich Nnomo remain absent alongside ex-Oldham Athletic captain Liam Kelly.
Cavasin has a decision to make in the centre of midfield with Michael Collins impressing at Brighton on Tuesday night.
With Robbie Weir still slowly working his way back to his best, it would not be a surprise to see the new addition partnering Nigel Atangana at Colchester.
Orient have failed to score since the 3-1 win at Hartlepool United on October 22 so it remains to be seen who will start up front.
Victor Adeboyejo, 18, made a positive impact at Falmer Stadium, yet wasted one excellent chance and another decent opportunity.
Therefore it is likely Cavasin will stick with two from Palmer, Jay Simpson, Paul McCallum or Jordan Bowery for the important derby fixture.