Team News: Dover Athletic vs Leyton Orient
- Credit: Archant
The O’s will have a number of option in defence, but Dan Holman is ineligable to play this afternoon
Justin Edinburgh will have a nice selection headache when Leyton Orient make the trip to Dover Athletic later today.
The O’s boosted their squad on transfer deadline day with two additions, although Marvin Ekpiteta has returned to East Thurrock United on loan until the end of the season.
James Brophy should be fit and available for Orient and offers an alternative at left-back now.
George Elokobi has filled in on the left-side of a back four for O’s last two games with Aldershot Town and Halifax Town.
You may also want to watch:
But Joe Widdowson is available again after his two-match ban and Edinburgh must decide who plays at left-back and if it isn’t Elokobi, whether Dan Happe retains his place in the heart of Orient’s defence.
Elsewhere, the O’s head coach will be forced into a change in attack with Dan Holman ineligible to feature in the FA Trophy due to his earlier involvement whilst on loan at Boreham Wood.
- 1 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 4 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 5 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 8 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 500 deaf children wait to see if their education needs will be cut by Tower Hamlets Council
One of Matt Harrold or David Mooney will hope to get the nod or Lamar Reynolds could be given a chance up top.
It is a nice problem for Edinburgh to have, but Orient will be braced for a tough tie at the Crabble Athletic Ground.
Dover are sixth in the National League table and have won their last three games in all competitions.
The last meeting between the two clubs, on November 18, finished 1-1 and another tight contest is to be expected later today.