Team News: Ebbsfleet United vs Leyton Orient
- Credit: Archant
Steve Davis will be without two recent starters at Stonebridge Road
Leyton Orient boss Steve Davis will have to make do without top goalscorer Macauley Bonne for the trip to Ebbsfleet United later today.
The O’s travel across the river again, this time to visit Stonebridge Road in the National League.
BT Sport are broadcasting the 5.30pm kick-off live and Orient will be aiming to end their winless run in the division.
September 2 was the last time the east Londoners managed to taste success in the National League.
You may also want to watch:
Bonne hit a hat-trick that day to help O’s defeat Guiseley 4-1, but the ex-Colchester United striker will be absent today because he is on international duty.
Matt Harrold may replace the forward and partner David Mooney up front and Davis will also be without Joe Widdowson.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 5 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 6 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 7 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 10 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
The former Dagenham & Redbridge defender picked up a red card at Gillingham last weekend and therefore will have to sit out today’s contest.
Dan Happe should be fit to replace him in Orient’s back four after suffering an ankle injury and Jobi McAnuff could also return after a toe issue.
Mark Ellis and James Brophy are available again after missing the FA Cup tie at Priestfield Stadium due to the terms of their loan spells.
It means Orient boss Davis has more options at his disposal compared to normal and Alex Lawless will also be pushing for a start.
The experienced midfielder impressed off the bench at Gillingham and will hope it is enough to earn him a start at Ebbsfleet.