Team News: Gillingham vs Leyton Orient
- Credit: Archant
Joe Widdowson is likely to return to the starting XI at Priestfield Stadium as the O’s seek to reach the second round of the FA Cup
Steve Davis will be forced to make more changes to his Leyton Orient team for the FA Cup first round clash with Gillingham.
The O’s travel will be without Swindon Town’s James Brophy and Mark Ellis, of Carlisle United, due to terms of their loan agreement.
It means Davis will have to make some changes to his defence, but he is boosted by the return of Joe Widdowson following a hamstring problem.
Alex Lawless is also pushing for a place in the squad after shaking off a groin issue, which has kept him out of the team since October 7.
You may also want to watch:
Matt Harrold should be available again after coming back to play a part in the 2-2 draw at Wrexham last time out.
Jobi McAnuff will return after serving a suspension last Saturday after picking up five bookings this season.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 9 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 10 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
Another boost for Davis will be the fact he can name seven people on the bench compared to the usual five he is allowed in the National League.