Team News: Grimsby Town vs Leyton Orient
- Credit: Archant
Andy Hessenthaler will hope to have Nigel Atangana available for the clash at Blundell Park
Leyton Orient are sweating on the fitness of Nigel Atangana ahead of today’s clash with Grimsby Town.
Andy Hessenthaler and his squad made the trip up to Lincolnshire yesterday for their fourth fixture of the League Two campaign.
The major worry for the O’s is whether Atangana will shake off his shin problem in time to feature at Blundell Park.
After starting on Tuesday, the French midfielder was exceptional in midfield and shone before being forced off in the 51st minute.
You may also want to watch:
He has featured in every Orient game so far this season and looks to have finally consolidated his spot in the starting XI.
But if he doesn’t recover in time to take on the Mariners, O’s captain Robbie Weir will take his place.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 3 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 4 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 10 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
Hessenthaler won’t have Sammy Moore or Armand Gnanduillet at his disposal today after both departed the club.
Moore has completed a loan move to Dover Athletic while Gnanduillet has signed permanently for Blackpool.
It means Paul McCallum is set to return to the match day squad after missing out completely on Tuesday night.
Orient aren’t expected to make too many changes to the side that defeated Stevenage 3-0 at Brisbane Road.
They’ll look to build on that result against Grimsby and make it back-to-back victories in the division.