Team News: Hartlepool United vs Leyton Orient
- Credit: Archant
O’s big guns to return for latest National League encounter
Justin Edinburgh will recall a number of his key Leyton Orient players for the trip to Hartlepool United today.
The O’s return to National League action - after beating Blyth Spartans 1-0 in the FA Trophy last weekend - hoping to remain at the summit.
Head coach Edinburgh didn’t use Joe Widdowson, Jobi McAnuff, Craig Clay, Charlie Lee or Macauley Bonne for the cup clash.
All five are set to return to the starting XI this afternoon, however, and will attempt to make it back-to-back wins in the division.
You may also want to watch:
Josh Koroma will remain on the sidelines with a hamstring injury alongside defenders Marvin Ekpiteta (ankle) and Josh Coulson (hamstring).
There are a couple of difficult decisions for Edinburgh to make in certain positions, especially up front.
- 1 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 7 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 8 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel
With Koroma injured, Orient’s head coach must decide whether Matt Harrold, James Alabi or Ruel Sotiriou partner Bonne in attack.
He could also try one of James Brophy or Jordan Maguire-Drew just behind the O’s top goalscorer at Victoria Park.
Elsewhere, a decision needs to be made at right-back with Sam Ling and Myles Judd vying for one spot.
In the heart of Orient’s defence, Dan Happe and Jamie Turley will continue and look to keep a third straight clean sheet.