Team News: Leyton Orient vs Blyth Spartans
- Credit: Archant
Josh Koroma to miss the FA Trophy tie and the next three to four weeks
Leyton Orient will be without Josh Koroma for the FA Trophy third round tie at home to Blyth Spartans.
The attacker suffered a hamstring injury during the 3-0 win over Maidstone United in the National League last Saturday.
Earlier this week the club confirmed Koroma would miss the next three to four weeks, and so it leaves Justin Edinburgh with a problem to solve.
Against Maidstone, he introduced Matt Harrold off the bench and the substitute made a positive impression and combined on occasions with Macauley Bonne.
You may also want to watch:
Now Edinburgh must decide whether he plays the pair up front against the Spartans or if he goes with his usual duo in attack for the FA Trophy.
In both of the previous rounds, Harrold and James Alabi have led the line for Orient.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 2 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 10 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
Orient did receive a boost on Friday when they were able to confirm 17-year-old defender Shadrach Ogie had signed a professional contract with the club.
The teenager did initially agree terms on his most recent birthday in August, but the O’s had a long wait to receive international clearance from the Football Association.
Now this has finally arrived, Ogie is able to compete for Orient and he could be part of the squad against Spartans this afternoon.