Team News: Leyton Orient vs Gateshead
- Credit: Archant
One of O’s best players this season, Craig Clay, should be fit enough to face the Heed
Leyton Orient should have influential midfielder Craig Clay available for the visit of Gateshead this afternoon.
The former Motherwell ace suffered a dead leg during the goalless draw at home to Aldershot Town on Tuesday and was forced off at half time.
After the stalemate, O’s boss Justin Edinburgh confirmed swelling around the knee prevented Clay from continuing, but the 26-year-old is expected to start today.
He will most likely partner Dale Gorman again, although Charlie Lee is back training now and could be on the bench.
You may also want to watch:
Edinburgh said: “Charlie’s return might be a bit slower than we first thought, but he could be in contention for Gateshead.
“Sam (Ling) is in full training now too, but again Saturday might come too soon for him, although he’ll definitely be available for Boreham Wood (on December 8).”
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
While Lee and Ling won’t start against the Heed, James Brophy may earn a place in the team from the off.
He has impressed off the bench in recent games, netting in the 2-0 win at Wrexham, and after Edinburgh admitted he should have freshened the side up against Aldershot, the ex-Swindon Town man may get a chance.
It is unlikely George Elokobi and Alex Lawless will feature, though, but the duo, who have a vast amount of experience, are ready and waiting if needed by O’s.
“George and Alex Lawless are both fit and if needed we know they are ready to be called upon,” Edinburgh confirmed.