Team News: Leyton Orient vs Hartlepool United
- Credit: Archant
James Alabi will look to kick on after scoring last weekend at Maidenhead United
James Alabi will hope to keep hold of his starting spot when Leyton Orient play host to Hartlepool United this afternoon in E10.
The forward was handed a rare opportunity from the off at Maidenhead United last weekend due to Josh Koroma’s injury and grasped it with both hands.
Alabi scored just his second goal for the club since signing in the summer at York Road and will now aim to kick on against the Monkey Hangers.
Koroma, who had to miss England C’s clash with Estonia’s under-23s on Wednesday, is still nursing a knee problem, so may not feature today.
You may also want to watch:
Aside from the talented youngster, O’s boss Justin Edinburgh has a clean bill of health ahead of the National League encounter with Matthew Bates’ Pools.
George Elokobi and James Brophy both started a behind closed doors friendly with Barnet on Tuesday with the former completing close to an hour and the latter getting through 69 minutes.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 8 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
- 9 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
The pair are slowly returning to full fitness after recent hamstring injuries, but Orient will be without Dale Gorman.
Ex-Stevenage midfielder Gorman has been selected by Northern Ireland’s under-21s this week and so is absent for the visit of Hartlepool.